Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Exploration of our
Christmas Tree
2008
This morning we drove with our friends
the Hansen's up to Idaho City to find
our Christmas tree. It is our little
family tradition that we started last
year. You get a permit for $10 and
can go into designated areas and
cut down any tree. It is so much fun!
It wasn't nearly as cold this year as
it was last year and there was hardly
any snow. It was drizzling a bit this
morning and we got a little wet, but
the kids loved it and had fun running
around!!! It is such a great way to
get a Christmas tree.

We drove for a ways and then had a brilliant

idea to take this path back into the woods to

see if we could find the perfect tree. Needless

to say we got a good little workout. The guys

hiked a ways in ahead of us and said they

found the "perfect" tree. So Kim and I had to

hike straight up this mountain with kids in

hands to get to the spot. I am sure it was

quite the site seeing up. Poor Owen kept

saying "fall" because I think he thought I

was going to drop him right down the

mountain. It was a good laugh once we

made it safely to the top!!

Blake with the kids taking a break while

Kim and I checked out all the trees to

make sure we found the best one!! The

guys were getting inpatient with us

since it was taking us so long.
Image that!!!

Aaron did find our tree. I looked around

for a long time, but went back to the one

he said was "perfect." So he cut it downed

and we found one for the Hansen's and
out we hiked with our trees!!

The guys and our Christmas Trees!

Owen and Allie posing with the trees. I think at this

point they were cold and getting tired. They did

really well though and it was such a fun day.












2 comments:

tjsing said...

If I remember correctly, there was a lot of snow when you did this last year! What a fun tradition! We will have to join when we come back!

Kim said...

Thanks so much for the fun morning. We loved it! We will definitely have to make that a tradition with you guys. What good memories. I seriously just laugh when I think about us trudging up the hill with the kids...and cute Owen repeating out loud "fall"