Friday, August 24, 2007

Mommy has been TAGGED!!!!

My mommy has been tagged..... which means she has to list 8 RANDOM things about herself. She has thought long and hard about them....so here she goes!

1. I knew ever since I was a little girl that I wanted to be a nurse. My grandmother, who is my hero and true inspiration was a nurse. Growing up I would watch her go to work (that was in the days where they still wore the white dresses and cap). I always wanted to go with her and would say "Grandma, can I go to work with you tonight?" She would say, "Kelly what would you do all night at work with me?" I told her "I will just stand in the corner and watch." I love being a nurse and I love my job!! I owe a lot of it to her...Thanks Grandma!!

2. Growing up, my dad made ice cream and we would literally have 5-6 flavors in our freezer at all times. So I grew up loving ice cream and eating lots of ice cream cones. Bubble Gum was my favorite. I still love ice cream today!!!

3. I have been married 6 wonderful years. I first met my husband when I was a senior in high school and he was freshman in college. The weird thing was that he was from Portland, Oregon going to school in Virginia and I lived in Pennsylvania. He was roommates with my cousin and we went to Virginia one weekend to watch my cousin's basketball game. Aaron was there and I thought he was great from the second I laid eyes on him. I told my mom that someday I wanted to marry him (not even really knowing him). Well after dating for 5 years and being married for 6... I am the luckiest girl and have found an amazing husband and father!!! I love you honey!! (other weird thing is that we went to college about 2 hours from Bridgette and Chad and never knew them till we both ended up in Boise~talk about random!!)

4. Patience is a virtue I lack, especially when driving. I can have major road rage!!

5. I grew up as a Mennonite and went to a Mennonite University. (No, I don't wear a bonnet).

6. I only have 1 sister and growing up we fought a lot about clothes, me being the youngest and spoiled and her being the oldest and things not being fair..... well today she is truly my best friend. Though we live thousand miles away, it has only brought us closer and I am blessed to call her my sister and friend!!

7. I worked at Hershey Park (Hershey, PA where all the Hershey's chocolate comes from). It is a big amusement park and I operated different rides there. It was a GREAT summer job!!

8. I am a pretty healthy eater and exercise a lot. Except when I was pregnant and then I learned the true meaning of "GOOD" food. Needless to say I never ate chocolate before and now I love it, especially mega peanut M&M's. French fries are always good too!!!

Those are my 8 random things about myself!! Sorry they are so long!! I know Tag Amber and Karen

No comments: